Sweet and satisfying, sweet potatoes are packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, copper, vitamins B6, B1 and B2, potassium and fiber. Needless to say, they’re a powerhouse of nutrients! Sweet Potato Toast is a new, trendy dish that you can love because it’s simple, comforting and super nourishing. Plus, you can tap into your creative side and have fun trying different combos on your sweet potato slices. Ready to try to your hand at this delicious treat? Here’s how:
1. Scrub the potato clean. You can leave the skin on or remove it if you prefer. Slice the sweet potato lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices.
2. Pierce the slices a few times to allow some steam to escape.
3. Place the sweet potato slices in a single layer on a sheet pan and roast at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes or until tender.
4. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
• Fried Egg + Radish + Arugula
• Peanut Butter + Apple Slices + Pumpkin Seeds
• Mashed Avocado + Sea Salt + Red Pepper Flakes
• Crunchy Almond Butter + Banana + Cinnamon
• Greek Yogurt + Sliced Strawberries + Hemp Seeds
• Tahini + Sliced Tomatoes + Sea Salt + Cracked Pepper
If you’re looking for more Sweet Potato Toast inspiration, check out these recipes…
Indian Curried Apricots with Coconut Cream Sweet Potato Toast – Abbey Sharp, RD of Abbey’s Kitchen
Sweet Potato Toast with Olive Tapenade – Stephanie McKercher, RD of The Grateful Grazer
Sweet Potato Toast with Prosciutto and Poached Egg – Lisa Bryan of DownShiftOlogy
Peanut Butter, Fig and Balsamic Sweet Potato Toast – Charlene Pors, RD of Euphoria Nutrition
By: Katie Cavuto, RD, Chef