All proceeds from this event will go directly towards the funding and delivery of complementary therapies to women with breast cancer, as well as preventative educational initiatives. You can make an individual donation to support local women, or create a personal fundraising page in these easy steps:
1. Open the Unite for HER 5K Fundraising Webpage
2. Create a personal fundraising page by clicking “Create a Fundraising Page.”
3. Create a fundraising profile and set up your personal page. You can edit your page name, fundraising goal, or appeal at any time, as well as view donations or join a fundraising team, by clicking “Manage Page” and selecting the appropriate title.
4. Share your page and mission with your social networks. Click ‘Share’ in the header for quick links to share your personal page to your your social media networks and email.
5. Fundraise! Download our fundraising guide for helpful tips to reach your goals.
Remember, every dollar raised directly helps local women with breast cancer. Thanks to our tireless fundraisers and generous donors, we are able to help women like Amy, who found hope and relief through the UFH Wellness Program.
I attended a Unite for Her event in April of this year. I was fresh out of surgery and had just begun chemo, so I was about as terrified as I’ve ever been in my life.
I won’t lie, the event was emotional, I felt strange and slightly out of place, as I believe I was the youngest woman there, having just turned 31 on February 15th.
I didn’t want to be there because I didn’t want stage 3c breast cancer, I wanted my old life back. I constantly looked to the past not to the future. I fell into a dark place, a deep depression and I struggled both physically and emotionally. Unite for Her gave me access to therapy and acupuncture. On my darkest days I managed to get myself to therapy, I think because I knew it was the only thing that would help. Without it, I’m not sure I would have been able to get back to being Amy.
I write this with tears in my eyes because my heart has been through so much hurt that no one quite understands. Unite for Her tries and succeeds at connecting to women and connecting them with what they need. This organization helped me long after the event I attended. It was the mentality UFH promotes. A thought process that values and supports my individuality and emotional needs as a woman. Allowing our hurts to be just that… hurting, instead of sugar coating, minimizing or invalidating our experiences.
As a mental health clinician, I assure you, being able to give off this energy of support and love to a group of strangers, in such a genuine way, is no small feat, but actually quite miraculous. I thank you from the very bottom of my heart for creating Unite for Her.