At the Classic Diner Chef Erik crafts memorable dishes with the freshest seasonal ingredients. This roasted beet and apple salad with caramelized fennel and citrus-ginger vinaigrette, accompanied by mini quiches, is sure to wow your family at your next brunch.
The Classic Diner currently offers curbside pick up and delivery. Don’t forget to support our restaurant community and those who have given so generously to UFH throughout the years.
Roasted Beet and Apple Salad with Caramelized Fennel and Citrus-Ginger Vinaigrette
Red Chili Flake
Goat Cheese (Chevre)
12 oz. Flour
8 oz. Chilled Butter
4 oz. Ice Water
2 c. Eggs
3 c. Heavy Cream
Salt, Pepper, Nutmeg to taste
Anything you like! Use your imagination
- Roast beets with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and red chili flake at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes. (Click here to learn more about roasting beets.)
- Julienne apples and dress lightly with lemon juice.
- Crumble goat cheese (chevre).
- Julienne and sauté fennel in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Slice pumpernickel bread, coat in olive oil, salt and pepper, and toast.
- Combine lemon juice, champagne vinegar, agave, dijon mustard, orange marmalade, ginger, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Garnish with green onions
- Mix pie crust; combine flour, butter, and ice water until flour is fully incorporated into fats.
- Mix egg custard, mixing eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and fillings.
- Press crust into 9″ pie crust, fill with quiche mixture, and bake at 400 degrees until done.