As temperatures rise there can be nothing more refreshing than an iced cold drink. A homemade mocktail is a great healthy upgrade to reach for when you want to cool off and relax at home.
- 4-5 slices of thinly sliced cucumber (skin removed)
- 1 oz honey syrup
- 1.5 oz mango puree
- 1.5 oz fresh lime juice
- 1.5 oz ginger beer
- Muddle cucumber and honey syrup in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add the mango puree and lime juice and shake with ice vigorously.
- Strain into a copper mug.
- Top with ginger beer and stir.
BONUS – What to make honey syrup? It’s easier than you might think!
First, combine equal parts honey and water in a small saucepan. Then, gently heat the liquid on low/medium-low and stir until the honey is dissolved. Done!
Store your honey syrup in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- 1/2 cup watermelon (blended, shaken or muddled)
- 1/4 cup lemon or grapefruit juice (unsweetened – the watermelon is plenty sweet!)
- 1/4 cup tonic water
- 1 orange wedge
- Watermelon wedge for garnish (optional)
- In a shaker, add ice cubes (enough to chill the drink), watermelon and lemon/grapefruit juice. Give it a few shakes to combine.
- Add tonic water and stir to combine.
- Strain mocktail through a fine mesh strainer into a martini glass.
- Finish with the squeeze of an orange wedge and garnish with a small wedge of watermelon on the rim.