Happy St. Patrick’s Day from Unite for HER! Our Registered Dietitians are excited to share these festive and green-hued recipes to celebrate with. Let us know if you try them!
Lucky Four-Leaf Clover Smoothie
Adapted from original recipe by detoxinista.com
· 1 ¾ cup of any type non-dairy milk, unsweetened (almond, oat, cashew, soy, macadamia), cow’s milk, or water
· ¼ avocado, pitted
· 1 handful fresh baby spinach
· ¼ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
· 5 Medjool dates, pitted
· 1 to 2 large handfuls of ice
1. Combine liquid (unsweetened non-dairy milk, cow’s milk, or water), avocado, spinach, peppermint extract, and dates and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust any flavoring as needed, but keep in mind that the flavor will be diluted slightly when you add the ice in the next step.
2. Add the ice and blend again, until the smoothie is as thick as you’d like. Serve right away.
Lemon Basil Daiquiri (Mocktail)
8 basil leaves
Juice of 2 large lemons
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. water
Handful of ice
Blend until smooth
Pour into your favorite daiquiri glass
Garnish with basil leaf