Recipe by Erin Pellegrin RD, LDN
UFH Nutrition Manager, Erin, has been busy in the kitchen recreating healthy versions of classic fast food items. Her lightened up Frosty-Remix is simple and lightened up compared to the original version – and easy to make at home!
• 1 frozen banana
• 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp good cocoa powder
• 8 oz vanilla oat milk
• ½ tsp acacia fiber powder*
• 2-3 ice cubes
1. Add banana, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, oat milk and fiber to container and blend.
2. Add ice cubes and blend again. If liquid is still too thin, add 1-2 more cubes to achieve
“frosty” consistency. Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
OPTIONAL: Garnish with shaved dark chocolate.
*Acacia fiber powder is a soluble fiber supplement that is great for thickening smoothies,
soups, dressings, etc. without altering taste or texture. Other thickeners to try:
• Psyllium husk – also soluble fiber, but has a grainier texture, start with ½ tsp
• Frozen cauliflower rice – start with ½ C
• Frozen avocado pieces – start with ¼ C
• Or leave it out all together and add more ice!