With a balance of warm spices and stone fruit, this mocktail sangria is perfect for any occasions through the fall and winter. The citrus and herbs not only give it brightness, but also provide benefits, sneaking some antioxidants into your drink! Don’t skip out on the pear syrup – it is super simple and delicious!
Adapted from original recipe by Oyster Bah in Chicago
- 3 oz. apple cider
- 4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. pear syrup
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1 Tbsp diced apples and pears
- Tonic water
- 1.5 oz. Tito’s Vodka (optional)
- Add Tito’s vodka (if using), apple cider, lime juice, pear syrup, bitters, and diced fruit to shaker.
- Shake well.
- Pour into brandy/cognac glass or red wine glass (fruit included).
- Add ice.
- Top with a splash of tonic.
- 1 C water
- 1” chopped fresh ginger root
- ½ C cane sugar or rock sugar
- ½ C honey
- 2 lemon rinds
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp. fresh grated nutmeg
- 2 C chopped pears (with skin)
- Add water, ginger root, sugar, honey, lemon rinds, lemon juice, rosemary and nutmeg to large sauté pan. Bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add chopped pears and continue simmering for 20 minutes. The pears should be very soft. If not, allow mixture to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Once pears have softened, remove from heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature, using a mesh strainer, strain liquid into glass storage container and keep in the fridge.