Get into the holiday spirit with a seasonal mocktail by Nutrition Manager Erin Pellegrin RD, LDN.
Cranberry Rosemary Spritzer by Erin Pellegrin RD, LDN
- 4 oz. unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 1⁄2 oz. rosemary-infused simple syrup
- 2 oz. ginger beer
- 1 rosemary sprig, for garnish
- 1 fresh cranberry, for garnish
- 1⁄2 red apple, for garnish
- Optional: 2 ounces of vodka, or reposado or anejo tequila
(such as El Tesoro or Don Julio)
Rosemary-Infused Simple Syrup:
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C water
- 8 large rosemary sprigs
- 1 star anise
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cloves
- Stirring glass
- Bar spoon
- Bar skewer (for garnishes)
To make the simple syrup:
1. In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the rosemary-infused simple syrup. Bring the mixture
to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 – 12 minutes.
2. Remove saucepan from heat and cool completely.
3. Strain the syrup and store in a glass container in the fridge.
To make the cocktail:
1. In a stirring glass, add the unsweetened cranberry juice, rosemary-infused simple syrup, optional vodka
or tequila, and ice. Stir with a bar spoon until the mixture is chilled.
2. Add the ginger beer and stir just twice quickly, until the ginger beer is mixed in, but the carbonation has
not completely evaporated.
3. Strain the cocktail over ice in a rocks glass.
4. Garnish with a bar skewer holding the three garnishes, then serve.