Recipe by Erin Pellegrin RD, LDN
No, you’re not seeing things. There are only four ingredients in this recipe! Who doesn’t love that? Everyday items and simple pantry staples allow you to whip these together in no time. Plus, that last ingredient can vary greatly, so be creative. Want something a little more decadent? Add those chocolate chips. Or try dried fruit for some color and a hint of sweet. If you’re feeling adventurous – maybe you try both?! You’ll love these paired with your morning coffee or as a sweet afternoon snack with a cup of tea.
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 2 C rolled oats
- ½ C nut or seed butter
- ¼ C chopped walnuts (can substitute pecans, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients. Mix well until fully combined.
- With either your hands or a cookie scoop, scoop cookies into golf ball size balls and place each on the lined baking sheet. Press each ball into a cookie shape. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.