If you’re looking for a versatile, easy, healthy recipe to clean out your fridge, look no further than these delicious White Bean Farro Lettuce Cups. This easy meal is perfect for using up any leftover vegetables in your fridge to meal prep for a busy week. Not only is this dish entirely plant-based with no meat or dairy, but it’s extremely versatile! Substitute quinoa for farro, bell peppers for tomatoes, or any other ingredients you’d like to add for a nutritious upgrade!
Farro White Bean Cups
Recipe adapted from Eating Well
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked farro (follow package directions)
- ½ cup carrot cut into matchstick-size strips
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted pistachio nuts
- 3 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 8 large butterhead (Boston or Bibb) lettuce leaves or 4 small sweet red peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- In a medium bowl, combine cannellini beans, farro, carrot, pistachio nuts, tomatoes, and onion. Cube the avocado and toss with the lime juice. Add the avocado to the bean mixture; toss gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, salt, and Italian seasoning. Drizzle over bean mixture. Toss gently to combine.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the bean mixture onto each lettuce leaf or spoon mixture into sweet pepper halves.