• Large saucepan
• Large spoon for mixing
• 12 oz. (1 bag) fresh cranberries
• ½ C. honey or maple syrup
• ½ C. water
• Zest of 1 medium orange (about 1 tsp.)
• ¼ C. orange juice
• ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Rinse cranberries well and drain off excess water. Pick through the cranberries and discard
any squishy ones.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, honey, and water. Bring the mixture to a boil
over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally,
until the cranberries have popped, and the mixture has thickened to your liking, at least 8-10
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the orange zest, orange juice, and cinnamon.Taste, and if the mixture is too tart (keeping in mind that cranberry sauce is supposed to be a
little tart!), add more orange juice, honey, or maple syrup to taste.
- The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.