Recipe adapted from “Mocktails – Nonalcoholic Cocktails with Taste and Style” written by Caroline Hwang
- Mug or heatproof glass mug
- Small saucepan
- Cheese cloth
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spoons for mixing
- Micro-plane or zester for grating nutmeg
For Warming Milk Punch
- ½ C. milk of choice (plant-based or cow’s milk)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. (1 C.) Darjeeling or other black tea, room temperature
- 2 tsp. All Spice Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- Nutmeg, freshly grated, for garnish
For Allspice Simple Syrup
- ½ C. sugar
- 4 oz. (1/2 C.) water
- 2 Tbsp. crushed allspice
- Make Allspice Simple Syrup.
- Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add allspice and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a double layer of cheesecloth.
- Set aside.
- Add all ingredients into the same small saucepan and warm over low heat, about 3-4
- Pour into a mug or heatproof glass mug.
- Garnish with nutmeg.