Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but meal prep first thing in the morning can be such a hassle. Try this delicious, quick and easy breakfast muesli to get all the energy you need to start your day at half the prep time. Enjoy it warm OR cold as a perfect protein-packed breakfast for any season.
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1/2 cup muesli
- Sliced or chopped fruit
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
Enjoyed hot off of the stove:
1. Bring 1 cup of milk to a boil.
2. Add 1/2 cup muesli, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 7 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
4. Finish by adding your favorite fruit, 1 tsp. of vanilla, and sprinkle of cinnamon.
Enjoyed cold by soaking your oats:
1. Combine 1 cup milk with ½ C muesli.
2. Traditionally best to soak overnight, but can be enjoyed after soaking for as little as, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Finish by adding your favorite fruit, 1 tsp. of vanilla, and sprinkle of cinnamon.
By: Erin Pellegrin, RD, LDN