Granola is a pantry staple in our house. Whether we’re making parfaits for breakfast or I’m grabbing a handful between nutrition appointments, we always have it on hand. In fact, I was buying it so much that inevitably I decided to start making it myself. In my many recipe trials, I fell in love with this one. It’s got a little of everything without becoming complicated, and just a hint of sweet. The EVOO creates a crumbly texture that is ideal to adding to so many dishes. Plus, this recipe yields a lot, so rest assured you won’t run out in 2 days!
Toasted Coconut Granola
- 3 C Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 C Raw pumpkin seeds hulled
- 1 C Raw sunflower seeds hulled
- 2 C Coconut flakes
- 1 1/4 C Raw pecans coarsely chopped
- 1/2 C Pure maple syrup preferably Grade A
- 1/2 C Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C Packed light brown sugar
- Coarse or flaked salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, pecans, syrup, olive oil, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Spread granola mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until granola is toasted, about 45 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven and season with salt. Let cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container for up to 1 month.