Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Large stock pot
- Cutting board
- Large mixing spoon
- Immersion blender or blender
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 4 28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. salt or more to taste
- Handful parsley with stems
- Warm stock pot on medium heat until warm. Add oil.
- Once oil is warm, add chopped onion and garlic. Stir to coat.
- Turn heat to low, cover, and set a timer for 20 minutes. This allows the vegetables to “sweat” or soften.
- Add crushed tomatoes and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Take pot off heat, and using an immersion blender, pulse until mixture is completely puréed. If using a blender, add mixture to blender in batches and return puréed mixture back to pot.
- Add salt and parsley.
- Return pot back to heat, cover partially with lid and simmer on medium-low heat for 2 hours.
Add to your favorite pasta, chicken, or fish dish. Use as an ingredient for soups, stews, and chilies. Store in refrigerator for 5-6 days. Separate broth into individual containers and freeze for later use. Can be frozen for up to 4 months.