Every day we talk with our members about the benefit of adding more fruits and veggies to our meals and snacks. Well, for the same reasons, those healthy additions can also serve our furry friends! So don’t just slice up those carrots or apples for Fido, try whipping up a batch of these homemade treats and your four-legged friend will thank you!
- Medium sized bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Cookie scoop or 2 kitchen spoons
- Baking sheet
- Cooking rack
- 1 C of all-purpose, brown rice, or gluten free flour
- 1 C of grated carrots
- 1 egg
- ½ C of unsweetened apple sauce
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together until dough forms. If dough is very sticky, add a bit more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Using a cookie scoop or 2 spoons, spoon small dollops of dough onto parchment sheet. Then press dough down gently to flatten a bit.
- Bake until golden brown (15-18 minutes) and let cool on a wire rack.
OPTIONAL: ½ tsp of salt can be added to these treats to help extend the shelf life.