I’m sure many of us love an avocado toast for brunch, but let’s spice it up by grating hard-boiled egg atop your avo mash and finishing it with a drizzle of hot honey. Your taste buds will dance as this savory dish gets a spicy upgrade!
- Cutting board
- Bread/serrated knife
- Small mixing bowl
- Butter knife or small spatula
- Microplane or grater
- 2 slices any bread
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Hot honey, for drizzle
- Slice your favorite bread and toast to your desired done-ness.
- While toasting, scoop out the avocado and mash/mix with salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste.
- Spread the avocado mash on the toast.
- Using your microplane, grate the egg onto both slides of toast and finish with a little more cracked black pepper.
- Drizzle with hot honey. Serve immediately.
By: Erin Pellegrin, RD