If you’re not already, this will turn you into a cauliflower lover. This easy recipe is quick enough to whip up anytime. Breading the cauli-steaks takes this from veggie side to hearty (but not heavy) main. Finish with a drizzle of the herby green goddess and your taste buds will sing!
Crispy Cauliflower with Green Goddess Pesto
- Cutting board
- 3 Medium sized bowls for breading
- Whisk or fork for mixing
- Blender (countertop or immersion)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons salt divided
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder divided
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves grated with a microplane
- 2 cups sourdough or panko breadcrumbs
- Olive oil spray
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup basil
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 green onion
- ¼ cup chives
- Preheat oven to 420°F and line and baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1" thick pieces.
- Set up three bowls: In one, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper; in the second, whisk together the eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and garlic cloves; in the third, stir together the breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Dredge the cauliflower in the flour mixture, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs to evenly coat on all sides. Try to use one hand for the egg mixture and one hand for the dry ingredients so it doesn’t get too messy.
- Place the cauliflower in a single layer on the parchment paper and spray with olive oil on both sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the cauliflower cooks, make the pesto. Pulse the nutritional yeast, cashews, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, basil, parsley, green onion, and chives in a high-powdered blender until smooth.