In this guacamole recipe, we’ll walk you through the steps to create a fresh and flavorful batch of this classic dish that’s perfect for snacking, entertaining, or enhancing your favorite Mexican-inspired meals. Get ready to indulge in the rich and creamy goodness of homemade guacamole that’s bursting with flavor.
- Mortar and pestle
- Medium serving bowl
- 2 avocados ripe
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ cup red onion diced finely
- 1/3 cup tomato diced (peeled)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocados with a mortar and pestle to your desired level of smoothness. Some people like it chunky, while others prefer it smoother.
- Add the lime juice and salt to the mashed avocados. Mix well to combine all the ingredients evenly.
- Fold in the diced onion, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, and minced garlic. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Serve the guacamole with tortilla chips, as a topping for tacos or nachos, or as a dip for veggies. Enjoy!
- Taste the guacamole and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt, lime juice, or chili powder if needed.
- Cover the guacamole with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole to minimize air exposure. This will help prevent browning.
- If you do not have a mortar and pestle, you may use a fork or potato masher to mash the avocados.