Hi, my name is Erin and I love pumpkin spice. There…I said it! I think it’s the feeling of cozy, and the thoughts of fall activities and upcoming holidays that entices me to indulge in this seasonal trend. But sometimes these beverages are just too sugary for me! So, I set out to find a homemade recipe that brings all the deliciousness with a hint of sweet. Thankfully I didn’t have to look far as this recipe checks all the boxes!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Small saucepan
- Espresso/coffee maker
- Large mug or glass mason jar
- Small whisk or fork
- Mixing spoon
- Milk frother
- 2 shots espresso or sub ½ cup hot freshly brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk of choice preferably a milk that froths well
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup to sweeten
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for topping optional
- Pour milk into a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until it is hot and almost simmering, but do not boil the milk.
- Make your espresso and pour it into a large mug or glass mason jar. Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Use a milk frother to froth your milk for about 30 seconds or until foamy, then pour into the mug on top of the pumpkin espresso mixture. Reserve the extra foam and spoon it on top.
- Feel free to top with whipped cream if you want a fancy treat! Sprinkle with a little extra pumpkin spice or cinnamon.