This simple nut mix can be a pantry staple, or even a party staple! Play with the recipe to make it your own by adding in your favorite nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices.
Sweet & Spicy Snacking Nuts
- Large rimmed baking sheet
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Small bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 2 cups pecan or walnut halves
- 1 ½ cup pepitas green pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary finely snipped or chopped
- 2 tablespoons grade A maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 325 ℉. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat so the maple syrup doesn’t get stuck to the pan (this is important). Mix the almonds, pecans, and pepitas together in the pan. Set aside.
- Combine the rosemary, maple syrup, olive oil, salt, vanilla, and cayenne (if you using ) in a small bowl. Whisk gently until blended.
- Pour the mixture over the nuts on the prepared baking sheet. Stir well, until all of the nuts are lightly coated. Spread the mixture in a single layer across the pan.
- Bake, stirring every 5 minutes, until most of the dressing mixture has been absorbed and the nuts are a golden brown, 23 to 26 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and stir the nuts one more time, spreading them into an even layer across the pan. Cool them for about 10 minutes, then, while the nuts are still warm, carefully separate any large clumps. Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or bag on the counter for up to 2 months.