Rich, savory salmon meets the zesty brightness of citrus and the delightful crunch of roasted nuts. Whether you’re hosting a special dinner party or simply looking to elevate your weeknight meal, this dish will leave you wondering when you’ll be cooking it next!
Walnut & Pistachio Salmon with Citrus Glaze
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Food processor (OPTIONAL)
- Cutting board
- Sheet pan
- Small bowl
- Fish spatula
- 4 salmon fillets 4-6 ounces each
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon date syrup can substitute honey or maple syrup, plus more to drizzle
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Add the walnuts and pistachios to a blender and pulse together to form a crumb or chop well with a sharp knife.
- Place the salmon fillets on a sheet pan and brush each piece with dijon mustard, then season with the garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Add the crushed nuts on top of each salmon piece and press them down to stick.
- Mix the date syrup and orange zest together in a small bowl then drizzle over the salmon, then lightly drizzle each fillet with olive oil.
- Bake the salmon for about 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon. I like to set it under the broiler for 1 minute at the end.
- Serve with a fresh squeeze of lemon juice and a light drizzle of date syrup.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days, or 2-3 months in the freezer.