Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cups with Chocolate Hummus
- Muffin Tin
- Cupcake liners or cooking spray
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon or spatula
- Measuring cups
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Chocolate hummus for topping
Preheat and Prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or lightly grease the cups.
Mix the Base:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, peanut butter, and maple syrup.
- Stir the ingredients until well combined and a sticky, cohesive mixture forms.
Form the Cups:
- Take small portions of the mixture and press them into the bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup, creating a well for the filling.
Add Chocolate Chips:
- Sprinkle a few dark chocolate chips into the base of each oatmeal cup.
- Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Allow the oatmeal cups to cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Prepare Chocolate Hummus:
- While the oatmeal cups are cooling, warm up the chocolate hummus slightly, if needed, to make it easier to drizzle.
Top with Chocolate Hummus:
- Once the oatmeal cups are completely cool, spoon a small amount of chocolate hummus onto the top of each cup, spreading it to cover the surface.
- Place the cups in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the chocolate hummus topping to set.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Once chilled, remove the cups from the refrigerator and serve. These delightful Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cups with Chocolate Hummus Topping make for a delicious and satisfying treat!
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding crushed nuts, dried fruits, or other toppings of your choice. Enjoy!