Thank You for making our #GivingTuesday campaign a success!
#GivingTuesday is the largest international day of giving in the world. Celebrated in over 150 countries, the power of social media has launched #GivingTuesday participation to new heights. However, for the women of Unite for HER, Giving Tuesday is more than a hashtag or Facebook event.
More than a Hashtag
Giving Tuesday is a tool that helps us to spread awareness of our mission and invite our community to join us by HER side through breast and ovarian cancers by funding our Wellness Program. 100 percent of funds raised through Giving Tuesday fundraisers support our Wellness Program, delivering healing and restorative complementary therapies and treatments to more than 1,800 local women with breast and ovarian cancer this year.
5 Ways You Can Help
When you give, your actions extend beyond a single day—you are impacting women for an entire year and providing extended support for our women living with metastatic disease and recurrent ovarian cancer for as long as they need us.
*Double your Donation: Facebook will match up to $100,000 in donations to individual nonprofits on Giving Tuesday. If you plan to give via Facebook, set your alarm to click ‘donate’ at 8 am EST, to ensure your donation is eligible for the generous match.
- RSVP to our Giving Tuesday event on Facebook. Select ‘Going’ in the event, invite Facebook friends to join you, and share on your page and with friends.
- Share our Giving Tuesday Facebook Fundraiser ; invite friends to donate on December 3 and share the fundraiser on your page.
- Email friends, colleagues and family inviting them to join us on Giving Tuesday. Share this page to introduce your community to Unite for HER and our mission.
- Tell your story. Have you attended a Wellness Day? Share your story with others and inform them how they can support our mission and other newly diagnosed women by donating on Giving Tuesday, Tuesday, December 3, 2019, on our website or Facebook account.
- Donate on Tuesday, December 3.
Every Dollar Counts
When you pledge to join us on Tuesday, your actions extend beyond a single day- you are impacting women for an entire year!
Your donation provides:
- $25 – One week of fresh, organic vegetables from Lancaster Farm Fresh
- $50 – A Medicinal CSM share from Lancaster Farmacy filled with healing salve and nourishing teas, The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen, and Eat Pretty Every Day
- $75 – One oncology massage treatment
- $100 –Private in-home Reiki session
- $250 – Two professional counseling sessions
- $500 – Guided nutrition experience, including private nutrition consultation, 8-week CSA share, personal grocery shopping trip and $100 of groceries, and in-home cooking demonstration
- $1,000 – 10 treatments of medical acupuncture
- $2,000 – One year of healing therapies and services for a woman newly diagnosed with breast or ovarian cancer
- $5,000 – One year of restorative treatments and therapies and ongoing care for a woman living with metastatic breast cancer or recurrent ovarian cancer
At the time of my Unite for HER Wellness Day in June 2018, I had recently had a tiny lump removed and was waiting for the pathology report to come back. Chances were the worst I would have to further endure would be, just possibly, some radiation treatments that would be far more comfortable and far less damaging than the radiation I had heard about “back in the day.” The welcome at Wellness Day was immediate and warm, and I was soon literally overwhelmed and flabbergasted by the care and compassion being poured out to me and the other women… I had never before had occasion to be the recipient of such well-coordinated and holistically meaningful generosity. Four surgeries and four months of chemotherapy later, I can now attest that the love and energy and holistic health resources made available to me on that Wellness Day were a large part of how God sustained me in a cloud of blessing through my unexpectedly challenging path forward. I knew myself to be on the radar of the very skilled, passionate, and caring people of Unite for Her who had dedicated themselves to making sure that I could move through my treatment and healing process as comfortably and wisely as possible. I was inspired and equipped to improve both my mindset and my habits in healthy ways, giving rise to a reasonable hope that I could actually be healthier after cancer treatment than I had been before my diagnosis. And, in a world of dissension, war, and mass shootings, I knew without a doubt that it is ALSO a world where perfect strangers will work tirelessly to raise money and enlist the services of healing experts, just because they want to alleviate and eliminate the suffering of people they haven’t even met yet. Along with the fierce support of my family and my church, Unite for Her is one of the ways I was absolutely certain that I was experiencing the loving presence of God during one of the most difficult times of my life. I will always be unspeakably grateful for the many healthy gifts to which UFH gave me access. THANK YOU!”