Support groups offer participants the opportunity to connect with others who are going through similar experiences. Group members offer each other a sense of community. They come together to problem solve and share ideas and resources, helping establish and enhance a sense of wellbeing.
We invite you to join one of our upcoming online facilitated support groups. We offer various support groups, so you can meet with others who share a similar diagnosis.
The 1Q 2023 support group dates and times are:
- Metastatic Breast Cancer, Tuesdays, 1:00 p.m. Eastern, 9/12 – 11/28
- Breast Cancer, stage 0-3, Tuesdays, 6:00 p.m. Eastern, 9/12 – 11/14
- Breast Cancer, stage 0-3, Wednesdays, 1:00 p.m. Eastern, 9/13 – 11/15
- Members of Color with Breast Cancer, stage 0-3, Wednesdays, 1:00 p.m. Eastern, 9/13 – 11/15
- 40ish and under with Breast Cancer, stage 0-3, Tuesdays, 1:00 p.m. Eastern, 9/19 – 11/28
- Metastatic Breast Cancer, Tuesdays, 5:30 p.m. Eastern, 9/19 – 11/28
- Recurrent Ovarian Cancer, Wednesdays, 1:00 p.m. Eastern, 9/20 – 11/29
Each group is a six-session series, running every other week for 12 weeks.
They are worth one passport square.
Honestly, there is nothing I would suggest changing. It’s the first support group I have been a part of, and you made it comfortable and actually enjoyable!”
The connections I have made in this group are really important to me. I look forward to every meeting. This group means so much to me and I am so grateful for it!”
I’ve been really benefiting from our group. Thank you!”
Meet Our Staff
Support groups are led by Unite for HER Staff Counselor Sarah Murphy, LPC, NCC. To learn more, sign up using the above form or contact Sarah via email or at 610-212-9144.
Sarah Murphy is a Licensed Professional Counselor at Unite for HER. She joined the staff in 2021 after serving as a provider since 2013. Sarah uses a holistic, mind-body-spirit approach in her therapy work, drawing on mindfulness, meditation, energy psychology. In addition to individual client work, Sarah leads counseling talks at Unite for HER wellness days and moderates support groups. She leads weekly online meditations for Unite for HER, and regularly contributes to the Unite for HER blog. Sarah serves on the board of the Association of Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP). She received her counseling degree from Immaculata University and her undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland, College Park.