Through the Unite for HER Wellness Day program, breast cancer and ovarian cancer patients learn about the benefits of complementary therapies and create a personal plan for incorporating these fully-funded services into their treatment and recovery.
In a small group setting, trained professionals lead discussions on the uses and benefits of acupuncture, massage, Reiki, yoga, meditation, nutrition, professional counseling (including sexual health), and caregiver support. Attendees receive a personal massage consultation and hands-on experience with yoga and Reiki during the event. Participants enjoy a delicious meal while engaging in an interactive presentation hosted by Unite for HER Nutrition Manager Erin Pellegin RD, LDN, on the healing properties of real foods. In addition to these helpful resources, Unite for HER also provides a wellness passport to participants to cover one year of treatment costs from approved providers (see documents in the left column) for the therapies they feel will best support their everyday health and wellness.
Upcoming Wellness Days
If you live in the Philadelphia region and are experiencing any of the following, please contact us to find out more about our Wellness Program.
- If you been diagnosed with breast or ovarian cancer within the last 18 months
- If you are facing a recurrence of breast or ovarian cancer
- If you are living with metastatic breast or ovarian cancer
We partner with over 30 hospitals and cancer care centers in the Philadelphia region. If you are being treated at a non-partner hospital, please contact us to learn how you can attend a Wellness Day.
- September 19: Chester County Hospital
- September 20: Grand View Hospital
- September 30: Christiana Hospital – DE
- October 4: Lankenau Medical Center
- October 11: Fox Chase Hospital
- October 13: Doylestown Hospital
- October 16: Paoli Hospital
- October 17: Crozer-Keystone at Broomall
- October 22: Penn Medicine Cherry Hill Hospital – NJ
- October 25: Bryn Mawr Hospital
- November 1: Jefferson Torresdale Hospital
- November 5: Capital Health Cancer Center at Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell – NJ
- November 8: IBX Live!
- November 14: Phoenixville Hospital
- November 15: Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital – NJ
- November 18: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton – NJ
- November 22: Reading Hospital
- December 5: Temple University Hospital
- December 6: Jefferson Philadelphia
- December 8: Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health